Saturday, April 11, 2009

Whats the difference between an American and Canadian accent?

I'm from Canada and I really can't tell the difference between a Canadian accent and an american one.

Can someone give me examples of words that are said differently?


being from Australia I can tell the difference but more in the lilt, sound than the actual words, Canadian are softer spoken.

I worked with both nationalities before and the only thing I could remember is that Canadians liked to end their sentences with an 'eh'. Such as:

'So you think it's going to rain, eh?'

While the Americans simply said,

'So you think it's going to rain?' or 'So you think it's going to rain, huh?'

hmm probably comparing a newfoundland accent to a texas or brooklyn accent. big different there.

and

fat ninja i don't know what you're talking about i'm canadian, lived in canada my whole life never met one person who said "eh"..

well theres alot of american accents so thats an unanswerable question...

No comments:

Post a Comment