Sunday, April 12, 2009

How does an American get dual nationality with England?

I'm an American citizen. I was wondering how I could go about getting dual nationality with England? Or I was wondering if one of my parents become a naturalized citizen of England, do I automatically get citizenship as their child (regardless of age)? I don't want to give up my American citizenship. Please post. Thanks.


the US and the UK allow dual citizenship, so worry not;

now? if one of your parent became an UK citizen depending if you are a minor? if you are an adult? you would not qualify for automatic citizenship,

you would have to apply for yourself.

and if one of them is a citizen of the UK? you still do not have to take up UK citizenship,

once an US citizen? always an US citizen;

ps: if you move to the UK, no you will not loose your citizenship; you have the right to move to any country without affecting you or your citizenship,

i know....

:-0)

you have to move to england and take the citizen test, like we have for imigrants that want to be american. or if your parents are english you can get one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment